Sunday, November 12, 2006

No DSL on Sat, so I had time to focus on my pregnancy cravings


We had major problems with our DSL this weekend. In fact, from sometime Sat afternoon until now (which it is now very, very early Sunday morning) we had no DSL for hrs and hrs at all. So, I couldn't comment on my blog or anyone else's for that matter, which left plenty of time to devote to my all consuming new interest: Satisfying my pregnancy cravings. Above you will see a lovely pix of yummy fresh strawberries and fresh pineapple chunks. Lately, I simply can't eat enough of both. Keep in mind I live in Ohio and it is the month of November. That translates into I am paying an arm and a leg for 2 out of season fruits that I simply must have. Since woman cannot live by fruit alone, I do have a secondary craving that my beloved non-Italian hubby has become quite the expert at making for me... oftentimes at 3 am: Spaghetti Aglio e Olio... and yes, the pasta must be spaghetti, and black olives and grated parmesan cheese are additional must haves to garnish it. This ancient staple has been feeding the Italians for centuries, so I figure it won't harm me or Baby to Be given that I could literally eat this dish w/ fresh strawberries & pineapple chunks every single day for every meal. This of course also means that I am driving Hubby and BabyGirl crazy, and while watching an Emeril Live show Saturday night (Emeril was preparing a truly lovely Thanksgiving feast for some NYC firefighters) Hubby suddenly turns to me and announces: "I swear to God, if you think you're eating fruit and spaghetti on Thanksgiving, I will personally stuff you and toss you into the oven at 400 degrees, and baste you until brown." Wow, I thought w/a look of shock on my face. So I turned to my usually very mild mannered husband and said: "We're hosting Thanksgiving dinner here at our house, of course I'll be eating turkey w/everybody else." Very lengthy pause... followed by this question from me: "But... uhh... since you brought up spaghetti and fruit... uhh... would you please, please, please make me some right now?" His mouth opens... silence... followed by a looong sigh... followed by Hubby getting up from the couch, walking into the kitchen, and preparing both for me. He is such a keeper, no?
Posted by Tina :: 5:20 AM :: 9 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------