Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Ohio House Bill 288: Outlawing ALL Abortions even to Save Mother's Life


So it is 100% official: Ohio has gone to Hell in a handbasket... a handbasket which is being chucked into Hades by the Religious Fright. Besides ranking 46th in the US states on female reproductive health... OH now has this: House Bill 288 is the demonic brainchild of Rep Tom Brinkman (R- District 34). Believe it or not, there are 17 despicable co-sponsers of this Neanderthal bill... and *gasp*!... each and every one of them is a Repuke theocrat. HB 288 would outlaw all abortions in Ohio--no exceptions. REPEAT: There are NO exceptions. Not in the case of rape or incest, not to preserve a woman's health, or to even save her life. If passed, it would become a felony (punishable up to 15 yrs) to transport a woman across state lines to obtain an abortion, even to save her life. It would also be a felony to "coordinate" an abortion for a minor. Rep John White, chair of the House health comm, announced a public hearing on HB 228 at the OH Statehouse on June 13, at 10 am, in rm 313. If you would like to testify against the bill, please contact Planned Parenthood (please sign the PP petition here) or NARAL (please sign the NARAL petition here). Even if you do not want to testify, your presence is important to show that we people & the citizens of OH oppose this bill. I spent Mon afternoon on the phone with the office of my 29th district state Sen Kirk Schuring. I didn't get to speak to Schuring directly.... YET... but he had better prepare to hear from me daily until I do. Here are my 10 questions for Schuring, but I have to add at least 3 more to that list. They are: A) If I were to drive myself over the OH state line to obtain an abortion in another state, does that mean that I will be charged with the felony? B) How exactly will it be determined that pregnant women are leaving the state of OH? Roadside pregnancy tests? C) Since I cannot even testify about conversations w/ my spouse in a crt of law, how does forcing a husband and wife to bear children they do not want, cannot afford, or didn't ask for (if raped) NOT violate the sanctity of a marriage? If we American women have to live w/these consequences we certainly deserve the fucking answers.
Posted by Tina :: 1:09 AM :: 10 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------