Saturday, June 03, 2006

US Cleared Troops in Ishaqi Killings


So it appears that our troops have been cleared of any wrongdoing in the deaths at Ishaqi, but that the Haditha massacre and the apparant up to the officer- level coverup is a different story, and that our forces may have killed an unarmed civilian and then planted evidence to make him look like a terrorist. I am not a forensics expert or a detective, so I don't know what has happened or hasn't in these 3 killings, but I am a mother, a teacher, and an American citizen who is fed up w/ this war that is making monsters out of our troops, encouraging people to hate us even more, (people who may seek revenge upon my own innocent child) and is maiming & killing how many 1000s upon 1000s of troops & civilians. Take a look at these gutwrenching images from Ishaqi and tell me what difference it makes to these dead children's loved ones if this is deemed as mere "collateral damage" by the US or not? Look at that baby. Can you for 1 sec imagine that being your own child? I am sick and fucking tired of my tax money going towards an agenda that is putting gaping holes into children's heads and bodies. I'm tired of looking at my beautiful and alive lil girl, and wondering what Iraqi mother hates me and envies me b/c her beautiful lil girl is dead? If a pharmacist can refuse to do the very job that their profession requires of them on the basis of their religious beliefs, then don't I have the right to refuse to keep contributing to the war machine's coffers based on my religious beliefs? Let's face it, money is the only God BushCo truly worships, so withholding money is the only way to get their attention. If pro-lifers get to demand that not 1 dime of their tax money goes towards a woman's abortion, or birth control, or stem cells or towards teaching our children about evolution, than I had better Goddamned well be able to demand that NOT ONE MORE SINGLE CENT of my tax money go towards killing or maiming a living, breathing, walking, talking, loving and loved in return child.
Posted by Tina :: 12:55 AM :: 8 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------