Monday, February 06, 2006

Col Larry Wilkerson: I Participated in a Hoax

RAWstory: Colin Powell's former chief of staff claimed that the speech Powell made before the UN on Feb 5/03, laying out a case for war w/Iraq, included falsehoods of which Powell had never been made aware. Col Wilkerson said, "My participation in that presentation at the UN constitutes the lowest pt in my professional life. I participated in a hoax on the American people, the internatl community and the UN Security Council." Wilkerson stood strongly by his earlier description of Cheney and Rumsfeld as having formed a cabal to hijack the decision-making process, emphasizing both their determination to ignore the Geneva Conventions and the "inept and incompetent" planning for post-invasion Iraq: "I'm worried and I would rather have the discussion and debate in the process we've designed than I would a dictate from a dumb strongman... I'd prefer to see the squabble of democracy to the efficiency of dictators." Yeh... me too & I bet our troops and the Iraqis would agree, also.
Posted by Tina :: 12:04 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------