Friday, April 22, 2005

Bush Visits Abe Lincoln Museum

Bush visited Springfield, IL's new Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum this week and joked about some similarities he thought that he and old Abe shared. Well, I found some quotes by Abe Lincoln that can only highlight how Bush and Lincoln are at opposite poles when it comes to religion: "The Bible is not my Book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long complicated statements of Christian dogma." ---Abraham Lincoln , "My earlier views at the unsoundness of the Christian scheme of salvation and the human origin of the scriptures, have become clearer and stronger with advancing years and I see no reason for thinking I shall ever change them." ---Abraham Lincoln , & "My husband is not a Christian but is a religious man, I think." ---Lincoln's wife, Mary Todd Lincoln. I bet if more Repubs took the time to crack open a history book, they would be hestitant to tout Abe as the poster-boy for the GOP and the Religious Fright, eh?
Posted by Tina :: 12:05 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------