Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Judge Roberts' Scariest Belief: No Privacy Rights

DKos: I completely agree w/Armando's post "Followup: Roberts on Griswold", and as I had previously stated in my post from August 16/05 entitled "Roberts, Fetus Funerals, Prayer & Prez Powers" that it is these beliefs of Roberts' that 1) We, as citizens, have absolutely no rights to privacy and that 2) Our Constitution does not (in any way, shape, or form) guarantee a right to privacy that are the scariest aspects of Roberts becoming a Sup Crt Justice and now, the Chf Justice. This is especially true when it comes to choices of whether or not the state or fedrl govt has the right to deny women the right to use contraceptives... even when they are married (as Roberts has shown in regard to the case Griswold vs state of CT). Simply put, if Roberts rejects Griswold, then he MUST be filibustered. I will not, as a married woman over the age of 18, allow any governmental agency undermine and interfere w/my marriage & the very private and personal decisions my husband and I make in regard to our reproductive futures. What American would?
Posted by Tina :: 1:05 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------