Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day... it all started as a protest to war

This weekend, I plan on spending my time with my kiddos and Hubby, but I also wanted to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all moms... and to my Hubby: Thank you for creating our amazing and beautiful BabyGirl and Lil Man with me. I'm so happy you made me your wife and babies' Mama :) But this year, let's please keep in mind, as we celebrate this holiday, what the real push behind Mother's Day really was: It was originally started after the Civil War, as a protest to the carnage of that bloody war, by bereaved women who had lost their loved ones and who then became determined to fight for peace. So, read up on this history of Mother's Day, squeeze your mom and your own children a little tighter, and think of all of the mothers who are bereaved now due to the horrific decisions BushCo has made in his incompetent quest for bloodlust and Imperialism. But to all the mothers who have been unfortunate enough to suffer a loss in Iraq or Afghanistan, please never forget that NOBODY suffers more watching the carnage of this war than poor little Laura and Dubya.

Posted by Tina :: 12:00 AM :: 11 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------