Sunday, July 30, 2006

Who would Jesus want you to kill?

After reading this disturbing piece from the Wash Post about Pvt Steven Green (the Army pvt arrested for raping a 14 yr old Iraqi girl, murdering her and her family), I am even more convinced that the St Paul, Minnesota megachurch pastor -- who has taken a strong stance against preaching politics from his pulpit, engaging in gay bashing, & refuses to glorify American military campaigns, couldn't happen at a better time for America and for Christianity. Pvt Green told a reporter who interviewed him in Iraq: "I thought killing somebody would be this life-changing experience. And then I did it, and I was like, 'All right, whatever.' I shot a guy who wouldn't stop when we were out at a traffic checkpt and it was like nothing. Over here, killing people is like squashing an ant. I mean, you kill somebody and it's like 'All right, let's go get some pizza.' I came over here b/c I wanted to kill people." Keep in mind, this psycho was baptized just prior to being sent to Iraq. Funny, but I don't ever recall Jesus glorifying killing people in a time of war, and I know for a fact that Jesus never gave sociopaths a green light to commit unspeakable acts against human beings in the name of one's country, political party, or religion.
Posted by Tina :: 1:17 AM :: 9 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------