Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Alabama Sup Crt Justice Urges Ignoring SCOTUS Precedent so Kids Can be Executed

AL Sup Crt Justice Tom Parker(wingnut bio here) wrote a disturbing op/ed w/ the freako fundamentalist group Alliance Defense Fund. According to Parker, the AL Sup Crt should ignore the US Sup Crt's ban on juvenile executions b/c it is "the unconstitutional opinion of 5 liberal justices on the US Sup Crt," and therefore not binding on state crts. Hmm... isn't this the exact same argument that led to the Civil War being launched? Speaking of slavery... get a load of Judge Parker proudly holding up the Confederate Flag while being photographed next to 2 white supremacists during his push (w/fellow wingnut Roy Moore) to make sure that AL voters on Nov 2/04 would refuse to approve an amendment to erase segregation-era wording requiring separate schools for "white and colored children" and to eliminate references to the poll taxes once imposed to disenfranchise blacks. I'm no legal scholar, but when a judge says you don't have to follow the Constitution when you disagree w/ it, then he is attacking the very foundation of our system of justice and is showing that he is fundamentally unfit to serve as a judge. Fine, they want to spew this crap, then 2 can play that game. I guess I have the right to say fuck it and buy alcohol for my minor nieces & all of their underage friends b/c I can claim that I disagree w/the fedrl law that says you must be 21 yrs old to drink. Then I'm gonna start manufacturing and using recreational drugs b/c I can claim forbidding me to do so is unconstitutional, too. After that I just may stop paying taxes b/c why the hell not? If I disagree w/it then it MUST be unconstitutional, right? The possibilities are endless.
Posted by Tina :: 12:12 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------