Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Cindy Sheehan: What has Changed Since 2004

Cindy was on The Laura Flanders' Show on Air America Radio. Cindy had this to say about her 2004 brief meeting w/Bush (and 17 other families' of lost soldiers): "I was told that the WH was going to put out a press release saying that Bush had already met w/ me. Joe Hagin told me that he goes w/ the president when he meets w/ families, and that George Bush really cares about the soldiers and the families, and I said, “Don’t even tell me that! Because I met w/ him before, and that man doesn’t even have an ounce of compassion in his body.” And he looked really surprised. Don’t you think that’s something they would have known about before they had this little tete-a-tete with me yesterday? Besides, why is my meeting in June of 2004 relevant? Over 1100 more soldiers are dead since then, the Downing Street Memo report came out, the Senate intelligence report has come out, and the 9/11 Comission report has come out. Saddam is gone, they’ve had free democratic elections in Iraq, and our troops are still there. So him meeting with me in June of 2004, when I was still a mother who was deeply in shock has no relevance on today." Precisely. We as a nation have seen and heard a portion of the massive lies & coverup since '04. There is still no definition of how "victory in Iraq" could even be measured & zero exit plans in place. Keep strong Cindy and keep giving 'em hell.
Posted by Tina :: 12:13 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------