Monday, March 06, 2006

Crash Wins Best Picture at the Oscars


Crash won Best Picture at the Oscars. I'm incredibly sad and disappointed that an amazing film like Good Night and Good Luck didn't win b/c it is a great movie that I think is superior to Crash and not just b/c it mirrors a tale of own our modern day McCarthyism, courtesy of BushCo (although Clooney's Oscar for best supporting actor in Syriana is pretty sweet)-- but I think that Crash won Best Picture due to the reeling horror over the Katrina debacle and the deep racism that pollutes our nation. And while I don't think that it deserved Best Picture, if the Crash win was in response to America's problem of racism, then I'm fine w/that. God knows it is far more than we'll ever receive from the White House, the GOP & plenty of average Americans who are openly or secretly racist.
Posted by Tina :: 12:50 AM :: 6 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------