Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Huff Post: John Bolton at Root of Plame Outing

Oh Snap! I was correct! My post dated July 29 2005, I said that I thought that John Bolton was in the very middle of the Plame Outing... and now Arianna at HuffingtonPost says this: "I'm now hearing that the investigation may be inching closer to never-confirmed UN Ambassador John Bolton. According to 2 sources, Bolton's former chief of staff, Fred Fleitz, was at least 1 of the sources of the classified information about Valerie Plame that flowed through the Bush administration and eventually made its way into Bob Novak's now infamous column. So what does this all mean to the ongoing Plamegate investigation? Well, another source close to Bolton recently described his management style to me as "Very hands on. Nothing goes by him. His staff does what he wants. He's not the kind of guy to have his staffers freelancing." So, if Fleitz was a key source of the Plame info and Bolton is not the kind of guy to have his staffers freelancing… does this mean Bolton was being less than forthcoming when he told people, in the words of my source, that "the 1st time he ever heard Valerie Plame's name was when he read it in the newspaper"?
Posted by Tina :: 12:17 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------