Monday, April 03, 2006

BabyGirl's Surgery: I'll be back next wk


So ya may have noticed, but I haven't posted anything for a few days. Hubby and I have been spending every waking minute having fun with BabyGirl since she will be having her surgery this wk on Weds morning. Hubby and I have taken our yearly vacation time this wk to devote to her pre and post surgery. I'll be back next wk around April 10th. In the meantime, I couldn't help but notice these articles in the Christian Science Monitor about lil girls in India (and also China who is facing a future of boys) and how there is a frightening rate of female fetus abortions & female infanticide w/in a few days of birth in India, and how Indian girl's birthdays are resented. I am beyond appalled. I have always wanted a daughter. In fact, when Hubby and I were trying to get pregnant, of course we said we wanted a healthy & happy baby, but if God could answer our prayers, could a girl baby be sent our way since we both wanted a daughter? Hubby's specific request: A lil girl who was strong & fiesty, but she would be his tender and sweet Daddy's girl. My request: An intelligent, lovely, fiesty, and independent lil girl who could hold her own against others in all situations. God answered both of our prayers and more than met our requested attributes. Whatever you believe in or don't believe in, please send BabyGirl some well wishes as she faces her surgery. And in case God is reading this... if we ever have another baby, could another baby girl be sent our way since so many others in the world don't want them? We'll be more than happy to welcome one.Take care all... I'll be back. In the meantime, peruse our many pix of our oh-so pretty girl.
Posted by Tina :: 12:24 AM :: 25 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------