Sunday, September 25, 2005

Iraq Vet's Account of Having Bloody Hands

TheIndependentUK: "My name is Hart Viges. Sept 11 happened. Next day I was in the recruiting office. I thought that was the way I could make a difference in the world for the better... I don't know how many innocents I killed with my mortar rounds... It's like they didn't tell me about this emotional attachment to killing. They tried to numb me, they tried to strip my humanity. They tried to tell me that's not a human being - that's a soft target... I'm a Christian, what was I doing holding a gun to another human being? Love thy neighbour. Pray for those who persecute you, don't shoot them... See, you can't wash your hands when they're covered in blood. The wounds carry on. This is what war does to your soul, to your humanity, to your family." This is what we were protesting against Sat afternoon. How many lives have to be destroyed by unnecessary deaths, maimings, and psychological disturbances? How many and for what? So we can leave a country completely unstable & ripe for civil war, filled w/freshly converted Anti-Americans who hate us for occupying their nation & killing and torturing their people, and vulnerable to the Muslim theocrats who will subjugate the females and fill the males' heads & hearts w/rabid hatred? Gee, it sounds like it was worth it to bankrupt America and Iraq spiritually & financially, huh?
Posted by Tina :: 12:03 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------