Wednesday, August 24, 2005

CA Rules Same Sex Parents Must Pay Support

I think this is good news for CA's kids no matter how you look at it, but I'm sure that Bush and his Talibornagains will start bitching about this: Same-sex couples who raise children are lawful parents, and just like heterosexual couples, they must provide for their children if they break up the CA Supreme Crt ruled Mon. The justices ruled for the 1st time that custody and child support laws that hold absent fathers accountable also apply to estranged gay and lesbian couples who used reproductive science to conceive. I couldn't agree more, and having consistent child support and parental influence can only benefit kids, not hinder or hurt them. I hope other states follow suit, but I'm not holding my breath.
Posted by Tina :: 12:04 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------